Sunday, March 29, 2015

Another week in the Peenes

Hello everyone,

Another solid week in the Peenes finished! So this week was a lot better than last week! We taught the kid that got in an accident and they are way nice people. We set his father with a baptism date for the 25th of April. We are a little worried that they are just letting us in because we helped them out so we are visiting again tonight to kind of see if they really are interested. Way nice family though. There are 3 kids and the mother passed away a few years ago. I hope they can progress well! Also. We set like 4 other people with a baptism date this last week so that was awesome. And we had 3 investigators at church! It was great! So we have been teaching this sister named Arlene and she really wants to come to church but her husband has been saying no. We taught him and he agreed to let her come and then on Sunday Both of them and their 2 small kids came to sacrament meeting! The blessings of missionary work. So nice! 


I am so excited for conference! Oh man. Its like Christmas. We wont see it until the week after you all do so don't tell me anything! Has President Packer been translated yet? Anyway. Life is good. There are 10 other guys from India here with me but only one of them is in my zone. No news on visa or anything like that. They probably wont tell me anything until the end of the transfer. There are 4 or 5 guys in front of me so once they get their visas I will be next in like. They have been here for 4 months now. I am sure Heavenly Father will make sure our visas are granted when the time is right. 

Yeah I can't speak Tagalog. I am understanding more everyday though. I taught Sunday school yesterday in English. haha no one understood. It was awesome. But I am taking this time to really kind of redo my teaching. I am studying to teach a lot more simply. And to focus more on asking questions and relating the lesson directly to the investigator. Solid.

Cool. Well that's basically it. Oh! Man. Okay. So there is this inactive family we have been trying to teach and the father is really wealthy and gives all his kids his money so they support him in whatever he does. He was also the first stake president of this area. He has also turned from the church. We met him last week and he is crazy. It was so awesome. He told us that he has come to know that the remaining Gold plates are located in Nicaragua and he has been speaking to the "Americans" to go and find them. He speaks nice English though. Also he told us that if we understand that my companion is brown, and I am white, and there are negros, then we understand revelation. Pretty awesome. I felt inspired. Sort of. Haha no idea how to help him. But he talked for about 45 minutes. Solid.


Love you all. Hope you have a great week. Drink a strawberry shake for me.  


Elder Checketts

No comments:

Post a Comment