Sunday, December 21, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Hey!!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the Holiday season! We are enjoying nicely here in Dowleswarem! We are going to go caroling with the branch probably tomorrow night and I am way excited. Mostly because almost every Indian I have ever met is completely tone deaf and it is awesome. Sacrament hymns are rough to listen to but I am stoked for Caroling! I have a hard time not laughing whenever people start singing here. There is one member who loves the song Let Her Go by Passenger and whenever we come to the church we find him in the Chapel singing falsetto into the microphone on the stage. I wanted to film him but It would have been too obvious. Haha its awesome though. Also. Indians have a hard time pronouncing their P's and their Z's. Whenever I tell them my first name, they say Jack. Haha its ridiculous. Also they sound all P's as F's... So now whenever I talk about pants or something like that I say Fant... I literally cannot speak English. Fretty Sweet.




This week was a little slower. Elder Coleman and Larson are still here because there are some problems with the Foreign Registration Office. All Americans have to register when we come and go from each city. Its a pain. But some paperwork problem is there so they can't able to leave Rajahmundry.  I feel bad for them but they should be able to go by tomorrow. Hopefully. Anyway. Our investigators just tripled because now Elder Kumar and I have re-taken over the branch. Back down to 2 missionaries here. We have a lot of work to do. I am excited though. I want to stay busy. Especially during this time of the year. The weather here is perfect now. All the Indians have coats and beanies now because they are all freezing. Its like 70 degrees. Sometimes it gets kinda cold. But for the most part its nice. 











I think I talked about this story last week but remember the drunk guy that went and talked to Elder Coleman and Larson? And that he has been a member for like 12 years? So we taught him and then he came to church with his whole family yesterday! It was awesome! His Mom isn't a member and wants to learn more about the book of Mormon! So we are definitely going to go and teach them more! 

Well. Life here is swell. I am grateful to be a missionary at this time in my life. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and His sacrifice. I know He lives. Love you all! Have a Merry Christmas. Be safe. Eat some Ham for me! 


Elder Checketts

No comments:

Post a Comment