Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hey!

Well. Another week gone! This week was probably one that I won't forget for a long time! It was an amazing experience to be in a country where they don't celebrate Christmas as much or in the way that we do. I was pleasantly surprised at how many people were celebrating though. Many stars were hung in front of houses. Its was fun!




So this week Elder Coleman and Larson Finally flew to their new areas on Christmas Eve so that was fun for them. Elder Kumar and I celebrated Christmas Eve with Mac N' Cheese. It was beautiful. Thank you for making that possible! Then we had a Branch activity for Christmas. We stayed only until around 9:30, but it was fun! Different dances and talks and for a while I felt like our Branch President was acting like a pastor but then it was good again! Close call. Anyway. It was solid. Then Christmas Day! Wonderful day filled with the Spirit! That morning I woke up to a phone call from one of the members of the District Presidency asking me to give a talk in a Christmas Devotional that was starting in 2 hours. So that was good. I spoke on why we have Christmas and why Christ was needed in the world. It was good. I don't know if anyone understood but it was solid. anyway. After that we went to our own Branch activity, it was over but a lor of the members were still there and we took some nice snaps with them! After that we were invited for lunch at the Chadalavada Home! The mother there makes such nice chicken curry! They prepared some nice Biryani and we enjoyed. They are an awesome family. Then we went to the Nekannthi home and played some games with them. They gave us a box of Biryani to eat for dinner at the apartment. It was a really fun day. Really fun to be able to spend time with these awesome people. This Christmas was one that I won't forget for a long time!



So. In other news. Its confirmed I am going to the Philippines on January 27th. Pumped. Going to go eat some real Mcdonalds. I had KFC today and it was lovely. Umm. I am in Bangalore right now and it is awesome. Its really cold here. But I like it. Elder Kumar is doing really well also! He says Hi and Thank you for the nice gifts! By The Way!! The Razor/Shaving cream you sent was definitely inspired. Because this week my Electric razor was broken. You basically saved my life. Thank you. Another Testament that the Church is true.

So The rest of the week was really really awesome. We were able to teach a lot of people and help them a lot! Remember the Drunk guy who came and talked to us and then we taught him? yeah so we taught him and his Mom again. She has a baptism date set for Jan 18. Also Brother Vamsi? He is the 11 year old we have been teaching. He will be baptized on the 11th most likely. Also. A brother named Srinivas now has a baptism date set for January 11. Also A sister name Rani has a date for the 25th of Jan. We also taught a new family this week. They are awesome. We almost set a date with them, but they said they "would think about it." The spirit was so strong in that lesson. Probably one of the stongest lessons we have taught. They have been taught before by the missionaries like 4 years back. But They forgot everything and Heavenly Father blew their minds with His spirit. It was awesome. We are planning to set them on date for the 25th of January as well....... So Basically...... God Answers Our Prayers.


This was an awesome week. I hope you all had a wonderful week as well! it was awesome to see the family and I was able to see Benny And Noah! Man I am excited to meet Noah! Such a cute little bounder! It was fun seeing everything though. Ryan looks like a Mountain man. Its cool. Well Love you all! Also. Mom! Happy Birthday this week! I just want you to know how grateful I am for you and for your amazing example in my life! I am sorry for whenever I was a junkfellow! I have always been amazed at your sensitivity to the spirit and your desire to study the scriptures! Thanks for everything you have done and are still doing for me! Love you! Also I love everyone else too no worries. Happy New year



Elder Checketts

No comments:

Post a Comment