Sunday, July 27, 2014

Life is Sweet

Hi everyone,

 So. This week was pretty sweet. We had some pretty good lessons. We are still teaching the Bremen guy and his wife. They are way nice people. Very humble. We had a lesson about the gospel of Jesus Christ the other day and that was really good. I feel like we really need to teach them the Plan of Salvation. Other Elders have advised me that when teaching Hindu people its usually really good to start with the plan of salvation. I am excited! We also taught a sister named Prasana the other day. She came to church! She is like the happiest person I have ever met. She has a 3 year old son that would imitate me every time that I said "so" during the lesson. Haha it was pretty funny. 

Ohh my gosh it had been raining for the past 48 hours. I am going to die. I have started to get a cold. It is so cold here now! I don't know if I'm just not used to it but Its starting to cool down a lot! We got soaked last night on our way back to the apartment! The worst is when buses pass us and it splashes tons of water on us! The streets flood like crazy and it doesn't help that there are pot holes everywhere! Yesterday we had this way good chicken biryani with chicken fry and it was way good. Way spicy but I am getting used to the spice. 

Life in the dirty swarem is still pretty sweet. I got attacked by a crow the other day. I dont know what I did but it basically tried to land on my head. It was crazy. Next time it comes, I will be ready. I still have yet to catch a piglet. Those are fast little buggars. I dare any of you to out run one of these pigs. They are beasts.

This week we had interviews and apartment checks with President Berrett and his wife. Man I promise you, that man is destined for the quorum of the 12. We talked a lot about priesthood keys and how it all works from the prophet to the apostles. Sister Berrett showed us some spots that could be a little cleaner in the apartment. haha we spent basically all week cleaning it too. Fun stuff! I was unable to take any pics this week so I will have to send a bunch next week! Sorry! Maybe I'll just film one day of my life here. We will see. Life is swell. My companion is wonderful. Sometimes a little flamboyant which scares me. 

Anywho. Yeah That's about it.... Love yaaa


Elder Checketts 

No comments:

Post a Comment