Monday, March 21, 2016

Work is Progressing!

Hey!



So this week was pretty awesome. We were able to teach a few new people and help the people we were already teaching to understand the gospel! So we have 2 investigators with their baptism set for this friday so we are really excited for that! They are awesome and I am sure they are ready. Both of their sons are already members so its a really cool thing for them. now their whole family will be members of the church! We had 2 other baptisms set for sunday but some things have come up with their family members being against the church. So pray for that. We are working with them to focus on their testimony and to share it with their families. We have so many investigators coming to church every week but their families are causing a lot of problems with anti mormon things. The people are good though. Our investigators are all very interested and are progressing. This week 15 investigators came for sacrament meeting. I've thought about sharing our weekly key indicators with you so that we will be more accountable. So maybe for a few weeks I will do that.... 0 Baptized 0 confirmed 4 Investigators with a baptismal date 15 who attended Sacrament meeting 17 Member Present lessons 0 other lessons 6 new investigators and 16 lessons taught to recent converts or less actives. So we are teaching a little more than 30 lessons a week. 


Its starting to get hotter here that is for sure. holy shnikies. i think I sweat like 3 liters last thursday. Sometimes i feel bad going to peoples houses cuz I am just drenched and they are like "what the heck happened to you" haha but I am getting used to it! Im just grateful I am no where near any snow! I got sick on Saturday with a small flu but Its all good now. I hope. Visak Zone is doing really well. The Assistants are coming here this week for an exchange so that will be fun.  

This week I was humbled a lot again. I think in almost every single appointment someone cried while telling us about the problems they are experiencing and begged us to pray for them. Its really hard sometimes and I wish there was more that I could do for them. This week was strange like that. Very emotional for a lot of people. I dont know why, but being here a second time I feel like I am a lot more aware of the poverty around me. I think last time I was here I noticed it but I tried really hard to ignore it and put it out of my mind. Now I feel like I notice it more and think about it more. It has been a good reminder for me of how blessed we are and how much we really take for granted. Anyway. The Church is true. The Book of Mormon is true. Jesus is the Christ. He loves us, and is always there for us. Love you all and hope you have a great week.


Elder Checketts

No comments:

Post a Comment