Monday, May 19, 2014

God Bless America!

Hey!
Wow! What a crazy week. Sorry I didnt write last week. After talking to the family I didnt have time to email! So This week was nuts. I think I told you about how we had 9 new investigators in one day last week right? well we did.. But this week. We have 34 new investigators. Heavenly Father is pouring out his spirit here and it is awesome. We had 28 member present lessons and the other companionship in our district had a record breaking 41 member presents during the week. I cant believe how much help we are receiving from Heavenly Father. So my companion and I have been going on splits everyday for the past week with the members and its crazy. We have 4 people scheduled for baptism on the 25th but they arent that solid so we will see. We need this one guy, Fedro, to stop smoking so that he can be baptized. We are working with him so please add him to your prayers. Sundays are so frustrating on missions!!! Man! When investigators dont come to church I just feel so depressed! But then at the last second Heavenly father blesses us! We were able to get 4 investigators to church on Sunday and they are all awesome! As a zone in Rajahmundry we had 120 member present lessons and 80 new investigators. The work is taking off and its beautiful. Please add these people to your prayers!
So I didnt have a really crazy cultural experience this week but A gay guy did hit on me. He walked up to me, checked me out and said "super"..... I sat there for a sec really confused at what had just happened and then it hit me. I am scarred for life. Yikes. Anywho. Yeah. I saw more people pooping on the side of the road. Lots of Cows and I still havent taken a picture.. Sorry.. Working on it! We are so busy that I never have time to pull out my camera and take a picture. We are constantly going to appointments all day its crazy. This week has been back and forth with loose motions and constipation. One day Im way constipated and then the next its all loose motions. Sorry for the details buuuut.. yeah. Fun stuff. There is a dog that follows us everywhere here and his name is Raja. He is a beast. He literally protects all missionaries its awesome. Like all the missionaries in Rajahmundry know this dog. When people drive by us he will growl at them and try to bite them its awesome. I will send a pic of him.
So yeah life here is pretty sweet. Today it is 41 degrees C which means around 105 plus the humidity. I think. Thats what someone told me. that feels about right though. It rained last night so the humidity is killing us today. I am starting to gain weight. I am beginning to see a rice belly and I am scared. I need to start working out.




Also, I have some advice!! For sending packages, letters, anything. Put a picture of Jesus on it and then (most) people wont touch it. I guess they afraid of being cursed which is awesome. Sooo yeah! do that and most things will be able to get to me! So this week I started to miss America a lot. But its all good because we went to Dominoes and had pizza and even though it was crappy pizza I feel better! If any of you feel like sending a package or anything like that.. I could use some beef jerky... haha just kidding. Man I miss beef so much. All I want is a nice Steak. or a hamburger. We eat veg meals all the time. We go to hotels for lunch usually and there is one place that we go to called godavri heights. Its 70 rupees for all you can eat which is like 1 dollar. but they tell us not to think of things like that because then we will blow a lot of money. my suit was 2500 rupees and thats like 45 or 50 dollars. but thats a lot sooo I dunno. Its weird. We eat Chipothe all the time and Papu which is like liquid curry and its really good and really spicy. I had chicken tikka fried rice the other day and it was lovely. I will try to send lots of pictures next week too.
Let me know whats going on in America and I want all of you to thank Heavenly father for A/C. Love you all!

Elder Checketts

No comments:

Post a Comment