Monday, May 5, 2014

First Baptism!

Hey!!
So! Good week! We have 7 new investigators and we had our first baptism yesteraday! Her name is Mahdri! She is way solid and I am so happy for her! She wanted one of the members to baptize her so that was awesome! I guess technically its not my first baptism cuz we didnt teach her but its whatever. I going to say it is. So this week was pretty sweet. I am recovering from my food poisoning which was wonderful. It is lame. I have to readjust to the food. Rajahmundry is a terrible place to get sick because the food is all spicy and there is absolutely no american food. We had some toast the other day and it smelt like America. It smelt so good that I cried. Haha just kidding but it was awesome. Anywho. Life here in the Mundry is sweet. One thing I would like to mention specifically are the Mangos. Ohhh myyy gooodnessss. They are beautiful. Its mango season here and They are so good. I could live off of these mangos. Man. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. So We are in an internet cafe right now because the generator is being lame and stopped working at the church. I wont be able to send any pictures this week because I dont want to attach my camera to this virus infested computer. 

Skype!! I can skype you guys! My skype time is 8:30 am here on monday so it should be 8 at night on sunday there.... Right? Yeah. But. I need you guys to create a skype account for me, and then email me the information for it so that I can log onto it here. I am pumped. Make sure that the baby is there!!! Not that I dont want to see all of you.. I am just stoked to see the baby.. If thats possible. I am also excited to see Benny. Man I miss that mutt. The dogs here are all really depressing and gross. I see dying puppies everywhere and its terrible. 

Soo India is still as wild as it was the first day I got here. I am still adjusting to the food. I eat veg meals everyday. Which is basically rice and potato curry and papu. Quality. So I started the BoM again like 3 weeks ago and I am in 3 Nephi 4 now! Man I just finished reading about Samuel the Lamanite. He is an awesome example. BREAKING NEWS. My mission card just arrived!! Lemme explain. So we get mission cards right? Those cards get an allotment twice a month. Since I was Visa waiting in washington I didnt have a card there. When I got here. They didnt have my card either. So for the past month I have been going with out money. It was rough. But now my card had like 8000 rupees and I am pumped. haha thats only like 100 american dollars but I am still pumped. Anywho I am way excited now. 

Elder Gottipati says "Hi" My companion is a stallion. He is way nice. Like overly nice. Sometimes its annoying how humble he is. But he is an awesome example to me. I am learning a lot from him. He is really hard working too. He always wants to be out and about teaching people. Either that or Pista milkshakes. Dang those are good. We are addicted. So elder Randall(Zone leader) went home today. It was sad. I liked him a lot. He reminds me a lot of Chris. He is a track star and will be running at Utah State! He runs like a 4 minute mile. Its insane. 

So yeah. Life here is swell. Has the Ogden Temple been finished yet? There are a few elders from there that are wondering. Oh! One request. Can you send like a photo album with pictures of every body in it? Like everyone. Family friends strangers girlfriends anyone! But everyone here asks to see pictures of family and friends so I need an album with some solid pics in it! So yeah everyone should send me some like real tangible photos. I cant do anything with emailed pictures! I love them... But I cant show them to anyone.  Sooo send me some pictures!!! That would be awesome. 

Also. Family home evening. It can be a wonderful thing. We met Mahdri at a Family home evening and now she has been baptized. Invite the missionaries and non member friends to FHE! It can be so helpful! Well. I love this church. My testimony is growing every single day and I love it. Dont be afraid to share the gospel! I am so grateful for all of your support and Im really sorry If I dont respond to your emails but its really hard with a limited amount of time. I will try my best to send a small message to everyone. Love you all. I will see you and talk to you next week!! Make sure you email me the password and username of the skype account you make for me before next Sunday!


Elder Checketts

No comments:

Post a Comment